Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Open for Business


Today's news is brought to you in part by Pew Charitable Trusts (not really), and Bryan Zabala, who designed my excellent new business cards, which you can see the front of here. The back of the card designates me as a poet, so I guess there's no turning back now.

I've begun leaving them in different restaurants and homes around the southern and central Minnesota area, and soon we'll be traveling all across the nation, so who knows where you might be able to stumble across one of these babies.

Also, you know, if you see me or ask me for one, I'd be happy to oblige.

I guess being a poet isn't really a business, but if I had to make a poetry menu, it would go like this:

POETRY MENU
____________________

haiku ................................... $3
tanka ................................... $5
limerick ............................... $5
acrostic .............................. $10
ode ..................................... $10
sonnet ................................ $14
ghazal ................................ $20
vinanelle ............................ $20
sestina ............................... $39
epic ............................... $1,000

ALA CARTE
____________________

monostitch .......................... $1
couplet ................................ $2
tristitch ............................... $3
chef's choice ........................ $4
quatrain .............................. $4
quintain .............................. $5
catch of the day ................ $10


Order up!

No comments:

Post a Comment