Saturday, April 9, 2011

Short Review: Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi


Today I finished reading Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi. It's been a while since I read a book I didn't want to put down, or that I wanted to spend my entire lunch break reading at work. After seeing her at work in one of my favorite shows, Arrested Development, I knew I wanted to read this book, and after a long time on the wait list at the library, it arrived a few days ago.

Some minor typographical and grammatical issues aside (there were not many), this book was simple, heartbreaking, and refreshing. I didn't feel like I was reading a book about eating disorders. I was reading a well-crafted memoir that simultaneously revealed the self and moved beyond the self.

I won't say much else about it. I do recommend that you read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment